Friday, January 23, 2009

Just a little bit more....

Today in class we were asked to write about anything we want so that our instructor can get a feel for our writing. I struggled for a moment with this, but then I was able to come up with...

My view of Language

What is a language? It is a mode of communication between persons. That is all it is, a median to deliver messages to one another.

Why must language be so complex? Is it not enough to simply have the other person understand your message regardless of the median you use?

Language can be a barrier to understanding, but the true barrier, in my opinion, is ignorance.

Ignorance to accepting that no median of communication is better then another.

Ignorance to breaking down all barriers to have the free flow of ideas between persons.

So is it that we just don’t understand each other because of our different languages, or do we not understand each other because we are too ignorant to try?

I pose this question to every citizen in the world - but can you all understand me ??

No comments:

Post a Comment